CBD is a great addition to any salad dressing as the oils are a perfect medium for consumption and easy metabolization. Try this seasonal salad as a weekend brunch addition, a special occasion dinner starter, or a light lunch. Change up the berries, the greens, or any component you like to make it customized uniquely to you!
Serves 4 as a starter, or 2 as a main course.
- 1 5 oz package organic mixed baby salad greens
- 4 small to medium beets, or 2 larger (any color you like)
- 4 oz crumbled feta or chevre cheese
- 10-12 fresh strawberries
- 2 T toasted pine nuts
- 1 T poppy seeds
- 2 T CBD olive oil, or olive oil of your choice
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap beets in aluminum foil and place on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven for 60-90 min, or until the beets are tender.
- When beets are cool, remove skins and slice into wedges.
- Remove hulls from strawberries, slice strawberries lengthwise.
- Dividing equally between plates, arrange beets & strawberries on beds of salad greens. Sprinkle with crumbled cheese & nuts.
- Make dressing: whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over the plated salads, serve, and enjoy!