This is a great multi-purpose barbecue sauce that works for any grilled item. Brush it on at the end of grilling, or serve alongside your meal for extra finger-licking goodness.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons CBD honey, or 2 tablespoons honey & 2 mL CBD oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool slightly and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- While you can brush your grilled food with this sauce as you are grilling it, this works best apply near the end of grilling to avoid burning the sugars in the sauce. It makes a great condiment to serve alongside your meal, or for dipping as you go.