When temperatures soar, the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven or stove – so why not just throw your daily veggies in a blender and relax with a secret ingredient? Gazpacho is as versatile as it refreshing. You can add virtually any blendable vegetable to make it a way to get your veggie servings for the day or use up what you’ve got. You can experiment with fruits.
Serve this summertime favorite up in small glasses as a refreshing appetizer for guests, or larger servings for a full meal. Garnish with homemade croutons, cheese crumbles, olives, fresh greens, or anything you like for a more substantial serving.
- 2 pounds ripe red tomatoes, any type – cored and roughly cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and roughly cut into chunks
- 1 small onion (white or red), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons sherry or red wine vinegar, more to taste
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, more to taste
- 10 drops of full spectrum CBD oil of your choice
- garnish of your choice – cucumber slices, croutons, goat cheese crumbles, sliced spanish olives, sprigs of fresh herbs
- Place the tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion, garlic, vinegar, olive oil & CBD oil in a blender, or in a deep bowl if using immersion blender & blend to desired consistency. Chunky or smooth – either way works great!
- Add salt & pepper to taste, adjust seasoning.
- Leave in blender pitcher or bowl and chill in refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours.
- Serve in large shot glasses, or bowls, and garnish as desired.